Thursday, February 11, 2010

We are here!



“Ladies and gentlemen we will be arriving into Tel Aviv in just a few moments...”
What?
Already?

My day started off like a lot of people on this flight… with the alarm going off way early! For me it started with the alarm going off at 2am to catch my flight with the group. It was a long day – but I must say I didn’t feel as weary as I thought I would. I think it was the excitement of seeing all the LeSEA Tour’s name tags at the airport! Traveling with a group is really very fun! I love meeting all these new people who are excited about experiencing the Holy Land. I must admit to you something… I was never a “group tour” kind of gal before this trip. I was someone who needed to do everything myself, on my schedule and the thought of hanging out with strangers was just weird to me. But then I went to the Holy Land with LeSEA and my whole perspective of group touring changed. First of all, these “strangers” became my friends very quickly – some who I still keep in contact with even after 13 years! Of course the proof in the pudding is Naidean and Mary. They were total strangers 10 years ago this month; then they met on a LeSEA tour to Israel and became Best Friends! And guess what, they are with us today, in Israel celebrating their friendship and how good God is! They believe with all their heart that it was God that put them together. They live in different states, have different lives but are the best of friends and even come to Israel every February together! There are so many other benefits too. On a group tour you really get to relax. Experts plan the day for you. People who know where to go and what to see…they will make sure that you see it and understand it. If I would have come to Israel alone I would have missed so much for sure – and even if I would have gotten to the important places, without my guide I wouldn’t have a clue what I was looking at. I learned so much from having a guide and a driver take me all over the land of the Bible and using with the Bible as the guide book…it’s an eye opening, life changing experience! On group tours you don’t have to wonder where to eat and how to order it…then stress over how to pay in Shekels! On a group tour tips to the hotel staff and guides/drivers are included in your price so you also don’t have to worry about who to tip and when and how much. I must say again…relaxing! Or maybe the better term would be stress free. Our Israeli hostess is always around the hotel to answer my silly questions too.

Anyway…!

Here are a couple pictures from our first Israel dinner together! We’ve had a long day to get here…but we know it is worth the effort. (ok, so I'm learning how to post pictures to this new site so please bare with me! ugh!)

Pastor Sumrall said something that really stuck with me tonight. He said something like… “don’t forget while you’re learning about the past to remember that this (Israel) is also our future…we all will spend considerable time here when Jesus returns…” Such a new perspective for me to consider… Thanks Pastor!

Tomorrow is our first full day here and it’s a full one! Come back and find out what we did!

Now…how do you sleep when you are so excited?

Kim

3 comments:

  1. i am excited just from reading this article. i will land in israel next week and i can't wait anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned so much from having a guide and a driver take me all over the land of the Bible and using with the Bible as the guide book…it’s an eye opening, life changing experience! On group tours you don’t have to wonder where to eat and how to order it…then stress over how to pay in Shekels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I would have come to Israel alone I would have missed so much for sure

    ReplyDelete