Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"Remember when...?"

“It’s hard to leave.” I said sadly to Daniela our Israeli hostess and friend as we waited outside the hotel for the luggage to get put under the bus. A handful of us stood on the side walk, stalling to board the bus until the very last minute. Horns are honking, a dog barking, a warm breeze on our cheeks, and a hint of exhaust drifting over from the street nearby, people walking – Absorbing our surroundings. I bet each of us was vowing silently not to forget this moment. I know I was.

Air travel is the greatest invention! I’m drinking coffee 37,000 feet above the ground. My body is moving at 535 mph and outside my window its -83 degrees. How is this all possible and do I really want to know all these details because it kind of freaks me out! There is 4 hours and 19 minutes to our destination. (Newark) I’ve been watching the tracking map that Continental displays through-out the flight. I watched it a week ago too, but this time I notice that I have a different feeling.

Reyklavink. That’s the city that I see on the map now. Iceland is not far from us. I watched as we flew over Athens, Rome, Berlin and London and wondered what life was like for them. Do they know Jesus?

I had such a wonderful time, met the greatest people, walking the steps of Christ! It’s so bittersweet to leave! I was really excited to hear that Frank gathered everyone’s email/snail mail information and is planning to keep everyone in contact with each other. I also heard the excitement of many people who are planning to return…some are planning another trip this year!

February, June and November every year… I’ll be there and hope you will too! A big fear I have for myself and others is “living with regret”. Lumi and I talk to so many people on a daily basis who we hear in their voice the passion to visit Israel. It’s strong, it’s emotional and they are so hopeful that they will get there someday. I pray that each of you who have yearning in your heart to visit Israel will listen to it…pray about it. God placed it there. He wants you to come, visit, and draw closer to Him in this land… This is where God chose for His son to be born… and for Him to die on the cross for us. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…because it is so true… You will never be the same. Don’t wait too long to do something about that feeling you have in your gut. Life is shorter than we expect sometimes. God wants you to live a full and blessed life. I am thinking about Amy, Derrick, Jessica and Lake right now. This is a family who came this week and will be talking about this trip for the rest of their lives! What a bond, what a family vacation to change the dynamics for the good in each of their relationships. “Jessica, remember when we rode a boat on the Sea of Galilee…?”

What a trip.

With a big sigh,
Kim





Hey, is anyone out there? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment