Thursday, November 11, 2010

We are here!

I can barely keep my eyes open…but I MUST BLOG!!! I promised I would and so I must! I honestly didn’t know that anyone actually read the blog! But I’m hearing from some of you that you are waiting patiently for a group update. This is exciting and I’m glad you are here!


And YES! We are all here! Yes, even Johnnie Mae! (She’s had trouble with the phone and could not call home and asked me to post this note to her family! She’s doing great and says hello!)
This is Johnnie Mae planting her very own tree in Israel!

We had a couple of ladies who missed the flight from Newark due to an airline mechanical issue but they were blessed to get Lumi to help them secure a flight only a day later and miss only 1 place on the itinerary! It was miraculous what Lumi did! Those flights were oversold and yet these 4 ladies got a seat on the plane! Thank you Lumi!

Oh my, we have done so much in the short time we have been here. Here, is in Tiberias. Our hotel is on the shores of the Sea of Galilee. Here is a few from my room – which is similar to everyone. The sunrise is extraordinary, breath taking, magnificent, glorious!!! (I really like the sunrise – can you tell?)
I mean really… WE ARE LOOKING AT THE SAME WATER THAT JESUS WALKED ON! Somebody pinch me!

Some of us got baptized in the Jordan River on the very first day. (Talk about digging right in and experiencing the land of the Bible!) No matter how many times I’ve been here to see this…it still makes me get a lump in my throat. It’s powerful and 81 people on this trip felt the power. Amen!





Here are some pictures to check out… see anyone you know? Want to leave them a message? Just make a comment! I’d love to hear from you!

((above)This is Art - he is one cool traveler!)






We are on our way to Jerusalem tomorrow! WOW!

Kim

5 comments:

  1. Don't forget to post some pictures from Jerusalem too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, keep the pictures and comments coming! I can't wait until next November 2011, when my husband, sister-in-law and I are planning to be go. I am excited!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that has to be an awesome experiencing the Holy Land first hand

    Wilton Jones

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! i have had trouble getting into the website to view this blog, until tonight, great to read the update and even spotted my mom and gramma in 2 photos - anne fatato and marie (murph) laven :) and yes they were 2 with flight difficulties.

    so glad they are there and to get this update -- as you said about not knowing people read these - i have been looking for it daily, but unfortunately wasn't able to view till now.

    i'll be checking back again for sure!
    love to all, but especially "mom" (anne) and "gram" (marie)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sarah.... wait till you see the next set of pictures I post of your Mom and Gram... soon!

    ReplyDelete