Saturday, November 13, 2010

Jerusalem!

Wow- Israel is jam packed with tourists! I read that over 1 million tourists traveled to Israel in just the first 4 monts alone but now I see with my own eyes the number of tour buses and people from all over the world. They are here! Here with the same purpose. It's so awesome to pass another group...from another part of the world. I love to say Hello and it seems the only way we can communicate is "God Bless You" and I get choked up thinking about how all these people from all over the world are here for the same reason I am - we are truely brothers and sisters in Christ! Whoo Hoo!

Our day started off at Mount Scopus where we took bus photo's and a group photo. It's also a good spot to start and try to get a grasp of where we are, logistically. Then we moved up to the Mount of Olives and walked the Palm Sunday route to the Garden of Gethsemane. JESUS WAS HERE! He prayed here so often! WOW!!!

Here are some pictures... more to come!

Bus #1 - Ami's bus -(below) They were too busy laughing at Ami than my picture! Good thing we had a professional photographer there. Look at those smiles! I love it!




Bus #2 - Eli's bus (above)- You guys did the best job with "visit Israel, you'll never be the same" - I bet you make it on TV when we put the next program together! Fun!!


And Bus #3 - Mark's bus - You guys are WILD! You made me laugh! Look at the smiles!




Eli, Bus #2 tells his group about the Old City walls, explains where the Garden of Gethsemene is from here and how it relates to where the Garden Tomb is...etc. It's a good starting point!


Alfreda Noble -I love your hat! She just bought it from a vender on Mount Scopus! Beautiful!



More pictures and details to come. I just had a few moments so I wanted to share these!
Blessings!
Kim

1 comment:

  1. Kim, I love your blog updates and pictures. I am keeping you and all the group lifted up in prayer. I know that God is connecting with each one in a special way, as He always does. I saw Ami and Eli in your pictures. Please give them our best - from Naidean and me. We will be watching the Harvest Show on Monday when the group goes to the Garden Tomb and has communion. We will be connecting with you, as we partake of communion along with you from home. God bless you and all the tour group. Love & Shalom...Mary

    ReplyDelete