Thursday, February 14, 2013

Be still...and listen.

How many times this week have you caught yourself eating a meal standing up, going thru a drive thru or rushing through a conversation that you knew deep down that shouldn't have been rushed. I caught myself eating lunch standing up in the kitchen yesterday in the rush and hurriedness of my day. I had to ask myself, is this what God really wants me to be doing? Rushing through my day? How many times during my day do I take the time just to be still?
 
Being still is not easy for me!  There is never enough time in the day and I really could use 2 more hands...

Today however I stood in the Holy Land, in many places that Jesus lived and taught and my day was filled with moments of stillness.  Oh what a day it was!  For me and the others with me, we walked in the footsteps of Jesus and were still in the presence of God.  We sang, we prayed, we listened and even laughed.  Today was so peaceful!  There is no reason I can't learn from this day - and bring some stillness to each of my days whether I'm here in Israel or back at home. It's in that stillness is the only place we can truly hear from Him and I'm missing out on so much by rush rush rushing my life away...

Today we visited places around the Sea of Galilee in the north.  I can't post pictures yet because my internet signal is too low.  But I hope to make up for it when I get to Jerusalem. (fingers crossed for better internet!)  In the meantime, visit us on Facebook where I have posted some great pictures!

Everyone is having a great time!  We are enjoying wonderful weather and walking in the footsteps of Jesus together!

More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment