Friday, November 9, 2012

"Me" of little faith.

“Me” of little faith.

What?  Rain?  Thunderstorms possible?  It’s NEVER rained in Tiberias on my watch!  The boat ride is first thing in the morning?  All I could think of is how terribly disappointed everyone will be if they can’t ride a boat on the Sea of Galilee.  The same water that Jesus walked on.  The boat ride is one of my favorite all time things to experience here.  The one place that someone can’t build a church over to commemorate the site of Jesus’ miracles on these waters…and it was in jeopardy this morning.  It hasn’t rained here, really rained, in about 6 months and God chose today?  I know Israel needs the rain desperately…but still….God, really? I didn’t sleep well, knowing our morning’s plans could be cancelled.  In the morning I brought my umbrella down to meet the group and had a knot in my stomach.  Outside, the rain came down…
I sat with the guides at breakfast and watched the outside weather from inside the cozy the dining room.  I asked them, “What’s the plan, what are we going to do?”  The answer was, “We are going to get on the boat and pray.”  I resigned to this plan, not knowing what else to do at this point.  We were going for it.  By the time I finished my strawberry lemonade I looked outside again.  How could the rain had stopped?  The forecast was gloom and had shown no hope for a dry day!  But ahhhhh…. God was with us!  We walked to the dock…boarded the boat and sang, prayed and worshipped on the Sea of Galilee without one drop of rain on us!  Another day, another miracle!  I was the last one off the boat and I shook my head in awe and then offered Him my thanks and praises.  Why did I worry?  Why did I fret about something that God has complete control in (like He does everything else!)  Yes, me of little faith.  A lesson learned already and it wasn’t even 9am yet!
Thank you Lord for clearing the skies for our boat ride…for our St. Pete’s fish lunch and for the entire afternoon of glorious sunshine and blue skies!  We are all having a great time here and today was only day 2 of our journey.  A journey that has us meeting with God in so many ways. 
I heard someone say today that when they read their Bible just a few days ago that they read it in “black and white”.  Now…they are reading it in color!  Our Bibles are alive now!
Tomorrow is another day with a chance of rain and I will still bring my umbrella, but I will not fret.  God’s got this! 
Shabbat Shalom everyone!
Kim
More soon / and pictures too!

No comments:

Post a Comment