Saturday, February 11, 2012

Psalm 121:1 - Can you guess where we are?

Psalm 121:1 - A song of ascents. I lift up my eyes to the hills--where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, Maker of heaven and earth.

Jerusalem! Jerusalem!

The last few days I've been listening to people talking with each other on the tour. It's so interesting to hear the first impressions of those who come to Jerusalem for the first time.

I feel the Holy Spirit everywhere!
There is a special feeling here and it touches my soul.
I feel like I am home...
At the end of each day I say to myself, this was the best day. Each day is so wonderful.
There is so much to see and learn here. I can't wait to come back!
I'm sorry I waited this long to come here.
There is no place on earth like Jerusalem!

Jerusalem is indeed a special place, that touches your soul and feels like home. Where you never want to leave because there is no place on earth like it. If you've never been here you can't really "get it". You read these words with curiosity but you don't truly get it until you've walked the streets in the Old City, prayed at the Western Wall, followed the same path that Jesus carried His cross to His crucificion and gazed upon the Eastern Gate that Christ will return through. Until you've experienced it for yourself it's hard to understand the impact that visiting Israel makes on your life.

If you're reading this blog and have never been to Israel, I urge you to stop right now and pray. "Lord, make a way!" He WILL make a way. And you know that longing you feel when you read or hear someone talk about the Holy Land? Listen to it. God has a special blessing for you here. Don't live with regrets - life is too short. The Lord WILL make a way and when He opens the door, you need to walk through it.

When you travel to Israel with LeSEA Tours, you will not travel alone. We will be right here with you every step of the way. There is no stress or worries while you are with us, because we will take care of everything. All the details of your trip will be taken care of by us - you will simply relax and allow yourself to feel God's presence in a whole new way. How awesome is THAT? ("Pretty awesome, Kim!")

Today was an emotional day. The highlight for me was when we visited Golgotha and when we actually stepped into His EMPTY tomb and saw where He laid! We celebrated His resurrection by taking Communion right in front of the tomb! Singing and praying and remembering the sacrifice He made for us...

Tomorrow is another thrilling day of exploring the Old City... it's hard to get to sleep some nights realizing where I am. The exact place on Earth that God chose for His home. I'm here! I'm here in Jerusalem!

Kim

3 comments:

  1. You're right Kim, there's no other place like Israel and no where else on earth like Jerusalem. I know it was Lester Sumrall's heart's desire to bring as many belivers to Israel as posible....and now LeSea has been bringing groups to Israel for over 40 some years! It's true that LeSea DOES take care of every detail and there is nothing to stress or worry about. You make everything go so smooth that all we have to do is enjoy the magnificent journey (thanks for that!). There is so much to take in and to experience. But the best part is the spiritual aspect. Walking where Jesus walked and reading the scriptures in the very locations where they took place. I wish Naidean & I could have joined you again this time, but we'll be with you next time. I can't wait to have a falafel in the Old City! Next Year in Jerusalem!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS KIM! Last month I was in Jerusalem. Its incredible place for visiting. Me & my friend has great fun there. It was memorable tour. I would love to there once again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely ! It looks like you people enjoyed lot in Jerusalem. I was also there last year and indeed, its very beautiful place for visiting & will definitely go there again.

    ReplyDelete