Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Shalom and welcome to the Holy Land!

The group landed in Tel Aviv and got a beautiful welcome to Israel by stopping at some of the most breathtaking places on their way to the hotel. Caesarea by the Sea which are ruins along the Mediterranean Sea’s shoreline (say THAT five times fast!). This is a beautiful stop and it was gorgeous weather to boot! The waves crashing along the shoreline, the fresh sea air…and magnificent ruins to explore! From there they stopped at Megiddo and also at Mt. Carmel, where I always get goose bumps! I’m planning to ask a show of hands tomorrow of how many people got goose bumps overlooking the enormous valley of Armageddon at Mt. Carmel too! I know that I’m not alone!

It was a big day and even though I could see the weariness on their faces when they walked into the hotel tonight, I could also see a joy behind the tired eyes. They are in the Holy Land! A dream is coming true.
Tomorrow, our wake- up call is early and we have another big day ahead of us but stay tuned to see the joy in their faces when I post pictures of them enjoying the most incredible places on earth. Places that we have read about in the Bible throughout our lives. Places that God chose for miracles to occur. Places that Jesus walked, taught and healed… Places that at one point in our lives we couldn’t even imagine having the opportunity to visit, and yet, here we are!

Tomorrow morning God will bless us with a beautiful sunrise over the Sea of Galilee and I know that I know… that God has great things in store for us while we are here. Amen!

Please pray for a good night’s sleep for everyone!

Shalom and good night! Oh and feel free to leave messages on the blog for your friends and family, I'll pass them along!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment