Thursday, February 17, 2011

"Wow" Day!

Today was full of "Wow's". I heard it from my daughter, Kate when we first stopped at Bet She'an. "Wow". That's just about all she could say for 30 minutes. I really did try to talk to her, but all I got back in return was; Oh WOW. I understood where she was coming from because all I could answer in return was, "yea, I know."


Back on the bus to Tiberias where we boarded a boat for a ride on the Sea of Galilee! What a beautiful day to be on the water that Jesus walked on! Pinch- ouch! - yep, I'm really here...



Pastor Al even renewed the wedding vows of Miriam and Jacinto - they have been married 50 years this year! What a beautiful place and a touching moment to reconnect and renew their love for each other and to Jesus.







"I have decided to follow Jesus..."

That is what we sang as those getting baptised today lined up in the chilly waters of the Jordan River. I didn't see that the water was bothering them though - What I saw were faces that were focused and serious at what they were about to participate in. A water baptism in the Jordan River just as John baptised Jesus in these same waters!

Here are a few photo's. More to come!






And we drove back to Jerusalem with our hearts full... what a day! What a day indeed! "Wow!"


Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment