Sunday, June 20, 2010

It's technical!

Technology can really be awesome and helpful and then there are times when you count on it and it fails. This is one of those times and for whatever reason this hotel has some challenges with its internet. For two days I’ve tried to get online and haven’t been able to. That’s two days of blogging missed! Ugh! I will do my best to update the blog as soon as possible with pictures and stories. I’m doing my best to remember what Pete Sumrall said on the first night “Don’t sweat the small stuff and don’t let small set backs interfere with your time here” So I decided that the internet is small in the grand scheme of life really. But I wanted to let you know anyway...

In the meantime, if you have friends and family on the tour, know that they are having a wonderful time! It’s hotter than average this week and it has worn us out. But overall this has been a beautiful time to be in Israel. Today is the “free day” and 38 people went on the Masada optional tour. I know that they will enjoy getting into the Dead Sea today and cooling off. Tonight we celebrate our farewell dinner together because tomorrow morning we board our flight to come home. Seems like yesterday we just got here…yet we have seen and learned so much that my head is spinning. I’m sure that I’m not alone!

We had an emotional communion service at the Garden Tomb yesterday. It was great to see that tomb empty and to remember… (pictures coming soon!)

We walked down from the Mount of Olives to the Garden of Gethsemane…visited the Upper Room… I tell you these are amazing places to visit. We will be coming home changed people that’s for sure!

Home soon –
Kim

2 comments:

  1. This truly was an amazing experience, one that I will count among the finest that life on this side has to offer. Each and every person from the LeSEA crew as well as each and every person that God ordained to be on this particular trip has touched my life in a very special and personal way...The people and experience is forever etched in my heart and mind and is now a part of who I am...I thank God for such a wonderful blessing...and will do my part in anyway I can to continue the relationships that God willed to bring together in this particular season of life...is there any way possible to get the email addresses of all the people on the tour? I was able to collect some of them, but would be extremely grateful to have contact information for everyone...Cudos to the LeSEA group for being obedient vessels of God's blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kim...I'm still absorbing all that we took in that week. It was truly a life-changing experience.

    Barbara McIntosh
    November, 2010

    ReplyDelete